Friday 11 April 2014

I Need Help.

Okay. I have been sitting here on this chair for about an hour now (and my bum's starting to ache), wondering what can I write about for today's post. 

I don't feel writing about:
-a beauty/hair product review, or
-a haul, or
-a skincare routine.

Basically I want to write a fun post. 

And I questioned myself: "What do I love almost as beauty and fashion?"
This is what I came up with. 

Hi. My name is Krystabelle, 18 years old and apart from being a beauty AND a fashion shopaholic, I am also a TV addict. Yes. Like every other teenager out there, I guess. I spend 85% of my day laying in my bed, with my computer in my laps, watching some kind of series. 

Now, I like to watch anything that catches my eyes, I'm not that picky when it comes to movies/tv shows - black and white movies, old movies, sci-fi, anything, but like every other person I have my own opinions and favorites. Theme wise, I love anything, action, thriller, horror, dark comedy, psychological, mysterious, crime or drama related. I am not the rom-com kind of girl, I mean I watch them but I don't ENJOY watching them as much as when I  am watching a horror movie or a series. 

(This might sound a bit strange but when I'm watching something I would want to feel it - living it myself if possible, in the sense of I want to feel what the character is feeling at that exact moment - depressed, terrified and so on. And all of this does not happen in Romantic Comedies and I will tell you why. They all have the same plot - a guy meets a girl in a romantic place, their eyes meet and they fall in love with each other, something bad happens which leads them to break up and then one of them (usually the guy) realizes that he has just lost the love of his life 1 minute before she has to catch a flight or something and miraculously he will arrive at the airport on time or even stop the plane if the director feels like it and will live happily ever after. Am I correct? Isn't this what always happens in rom-coms?) 

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long one which I honestly don't expect you to be reading every single bit of it - it might get boring half way through it, but you can take a quick look to what you can watch next or see if anyone else's like to watch what you like. I love doing this when I need something new to watch.  

As a TV addict I am always searching for something new to watch. And these ladies and gentlemen, are the current favourite TV series that I am watching (in alphabetical order - because I can't really choose which one I like the most sorry!).

♥ 90210 (2008 - 2013)
Themes: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Seasons: 5
My Rating: 7.5

This series is somewhat a re-do of the 90210, Beverly Hills (1990). Now, this is not my usual series to watch but I liked it anyway. It is something similar to Gossip Girl but better - a whole lot better! It is about two siblings from Kansas who relocates themselves in Beverly Hills. They encounter a lot of drama but it was pleasant to watch and even exciting. Also, for the ladies out there - you get to see Matt Lanter in a swimsuit a lot! haha. 

Despite the magnificent story throughout the five seasons that they aired, I think that they could have done much better with the ending - It was quite cheesy and there was neither an unexpected twist nor a climax. Everyone saw it coming. 

♥ Arrow (2012 - present)
Themes: Action, Adventure, Crime
Seasons: 3 
My Rating: 8.1

This is like a superhero kind of series. It is about a spoiled billionaire playboy, let me rephrase that: a really good-looking, spoiled billionaire playboy, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) who gets missing and presumed dead when his yacht gets lost at sea. He then returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante (which I think it's quite lame having just a hood to cover his face, until later in season 3, everyone could have identified him) armed with a bow. 

I love this show, but for some reason I tend to leave it for when I completely don't have anything else to watch. And then when I do start watching, I get frustrated when I finish them all and have to wait a week or so to watch the next episode. Yes, it's a strange thing. 

♥ Bates Motel (2013 - present)
Themes: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
Seasons: 2
My Rating: 9.5

Now this is a new one for me and it has definitely made it in my top 5 series already. It was also in my March Favorites. Apparently this series is a contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film "Psycho". It gives a portrayal of how Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore - couldn't believe my eyes how much Charlie -from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or August Rush has grown!) psyche unravels through his teenage years. The audience discover the dark, twisted back-story of Norman and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is. 

If you ask me, this series is not a "horror" kind of series, it just hooks you up tremendously with your screen and gives you a tiny scare every now and then - maybe 5 times in one season?!. I cannot recommend this series to you all enough. Stop whatever you're doing right now and go give it a look! It's worth a watch. 

♥ Beauty and the Beast (2012 - present)
Themes: Drama, Thriller
Seasons: 2
My Ratings: First season I give it an 8.7, now?! I'd probably give it a 6.8

Well I seriously loved the first season - especially that scar on Vincent Keller's (Jay Ryan) face but now the scar's gone and even the story, it got to the point that it's not that interesting anymore. 

This show is about a detective - Catherine Chandler (Kristin Kreuk), which by the way she is gorgeous, couldn't find anyone else to do the Beauty part, whom is shaken to the core over the fact that everything she thought she knew about her life has been a total lie. She is determined to get answers to the secrets that have been revealed about her family. In the meantime, Cat must also try to navigate her evolving relationship with the handsome doctor - Vincent Killer, who struggles with becoming a terrifying beast when he is enraged, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. They desire to be a normal couple while trying to keep a low profile in order to stay one step ahead from the enemy known as - Muirfiel - a mysterious organisation which now is on the hunt for both of them. 

♥ Breaking Bad (2008 - 2013)
Themes: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Seasons: 5
My Ratings: This might seem cheesy but I am going to give this a 10. 

Okay. This show right here, yeah this one, kept me awake for approximately 48-50 hours. I watched this all at once - I couldn't sleep knowing that I haven't finished the series yet. It is THAT GOOD. I know that a lot of you might be criticizing the fact and so on, but I am honestly telling the truth. I ate in my bed, I took the computer with me in the bathroom while taking a bath - I seriously became obsessed with this from the first episode. 

This show made me feel sad, frustrated, depressed, sometimes disgusted, made me curse a little and made cry and laugh at the same instance a lot. These are the feelings that I like to get when watching something. This is why I watched the whole show in two days and gave it a 10 stars. WONDERFUL SHOW! Good job to Vince Gilligan for being such a genius and creating such a spectacular show.

The background story. 
A Chemistry genius, high school teacher, Mr. Walter White (Bryan Cranston) teams up with a remarkably good-looking ex-student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) to cook and sell the world's purest crystal met, after he (Walter) gets diagnosed with lung cancer, to provide money for his family's future. The ending?! Stunning! I am not going to say anything else, just go watch it if you haven't already (which make me questioning you whether you've been living under a rock for these past year or so?)!

♥ Gossip Girl (2007 - 2012)
Themes: Drama, Romance
Seasons: 6
My Ratings: 4.2

This show - omg! I hate this show more than anything in the world. I am so sorry if you like it but seriously how can you? It's the most dramatic show that I have ever seen, and by dramatic I mean, in the bad way. 

This show is about some privileged "teens" (they DO NOT look like teens) living on the Upper East side of New York City. 

I do not know how I watched 5 entire seasons of it! FIVE!! My "friend" used to watch it and I kind of got into it at that moment just so we could have something to talk about. But seriously? How did I watch almost the whole show?! 

♥ Glee (2009 - present)
Themes: Comedy, Drama, Music
Seasons: 5
My Ratings: 6.8

Will this ever end? I used to love watching it, but I stopped at the end of season 4, it just got a bit boring and honestly I don't love watching musical shows. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Disney movies and Musical movies (like Moulin Rouge - my all time favorite musical) but in a show, I don't quite dig it. 

So without further rambling, this show is about a group of ambitious misfits who try to escape the harsh realities of high school by joining a glee club - which by the way it is considered as the "lame" club in the show. In this group they find strength, acceptance and ultimately their voice, while working to pursue dreams of their own. 

(Also I would like to show my respect for Cory Monteith's fans who has passed away last year.)

♥ New Girl (2011 - present)
Themes: Comedy
Seasons: 3
My Ratings: 8.1

Seriously, this is the only comedy I watch. It's light weighting and I just love watching it (also my all time favorite actress - Zooey Deschanel is a main actress in it so, that sums it up).

After a bad break-up, Jess (Zooey Deschanel), an offbeat young woman who is also a teacher, moves into an apartment loft with three single men. Although they find her behavior quite unusual, the men support her - at least most of the time. 

♥ Pretty Little Liars (2010 - present)
Themes: Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Seasons: 4
My Ratings: Cheesy again - a 10 for me. 

This is seriously one of the best shows ever made as well. 10 minutes in the first episode of the first season and I am already sucked in the TV show. 

Four friends (all of which are girls) band together after they've been separated for about a year, against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, while unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend. I am not going to say anything else because I don't want to spoil it for you but trust me, you might have to take a week off and watch it. (I've re-watched it like two times now, and I have just started my third time). Search for clues guys! 
My favorite from the girls has always been Aria Montgomery (Lucy Hale) - she looks stunning in every episode, I love her character and how she doesn't get into drama as much as the other three and oh my, I wish I could rock her clothes like she does! 

♥ Supernatural (2005 - present)
Themes: Drama, Fantasy, Horror
Seasons: 9
My Ratings: 9.8 (cheeky, haha)

I have a little story behind this, that I didn't know it all quite existed until last week haha. So, basically I started watching this (at least that's what I thought) from my first year in college through one of my best friends in the world. But stopped watching it after the 5th episode - "Bloody Mary". It was too much to handle at that time and maybe it still is - I don't know why, I love horror movies, but I can't stand it when mirrors get involved I get too scared. But anyway. Then continued watching it after maybe 9 months or so. 
So last Sunday, my aunt visited and I was catching up with the last episode of it and she told me that the actors are definitely not new to her. After the whole episode she remembered. She said that she used to watch it with me when she was pregnant with her third child. Like seriously? How can I forget? I guess back then (maybe when I was like 12/13) I wasn't that much into men like I am nowadays haha. 

Onto the actual reason you're here now. 

This is about two brothers known as the Winchesters (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) who follow their father's footsteps as hunters, fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons and gods that roam the earth. 

This is one of my favorite shows as well, and do not worry 9 seasons aren't that much considering you get to see Jensen Ackles in every episode and soon after Misha Collins. Also I would like to include the fact that loads of people think that this show does not have a story, well that's what I thought when I first watched the first season, but then the story will start building up don't worry. And prepare for the laughter. Misha and Jensen are quite something together. If you don't know what I am talking about just click here and you'll get into it haha. 

♥ Teen Wolf (2011 - present)
Themes: Comedy, Drama, Horror
Seasons: 3
My Ratings: 8.4

Let me just start by saying - it IS NOT  a horror show, I don't know why it is listed as horror. Thriller, yes! Horror, not even close! I started watching this in January and I loved it from the second I watched. 

A somewhat awkward teen gets attacked by a werewolf, Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin) and inherits the curse itself, as well as the enemies that come with it, and trust me there's a lot. 
(If you're a constant reader of my blog then you may know that one of my guinea pigs is named after him - Derek haha, you can read all about it here)

If you've never heard about this, Dylan O'Brien , is a main actor as Styles Stilinski, which makes the show even better. haha

♥ The Following (2013 - present)
Themes: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Seasons: 2
My Ratings: 9.3

This was suggested to me by a colleague, and oh my, am I grateful to him? If you like crimes and mysteries then this show is the one for you. It has everything. 

It is about a brilliant and may I just emphasize the word - Brilliant, and charismatic, yet psychotic serial killer, Joe Caroll (James Purefoy) who communicates with other active serial killers and activates a cult of believers following his every command, with Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) on his trails. 

♥ The Vampire Diaries (2009 - present)
Themes: Drama, Fantasy, Horror
Seasons: 5
My Ratings: At the beginning 8.9, now 7.2 or even less.

I don't think that I have to explain this series in much detail, because I know that it is a well known show among you. First of all I think that you all agree with me that the horror theme does not apply here either. 

Basically it is about a high school girl (who gets on everyone's nerve by trying to be a heroic human being), Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) who is torn between two hot vampire brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore (Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder).  
(Team Stelena over here, I'm sorry Delena fans. haha.)

♥ The Walking Dead (2010 - present)
Themes: Drama, Horror, Thriller
Seasons: 4
My Ratings: 9.1

Now this is a horror show. Not the can't sleep for a whole week kind of horror, but the sneaking around kind of horror. It is maybe a guy show to watch but love me some zombies. This is a great one everybody, if you're searching for a Zombie Apocalypse kind of show, this is the one. Zombies? Scary enough, almost real!

It's all about the zombies this one. A police officer Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) leads a group of survivors, losing some along the way, in a world overrun by zombies. 

__________  ♥  __________

So these, ladies and gentlemen, are the shows that I am currently watching - quite a lot I know, but for someone who has nothing better to do in life this is just a few. I hope that I helped you a bit in choosing your next show to watch, if not, then I am so sorry. 

These three other shows are on my list to watch next: (what do you think of them, good/bad?)
-White Collar (actually I've already seen the first episode and I loved it)
-Once Upon a Time
-Orange is the New Black

I know that a lot of you like the idea of watching series online, and like you this is what I used to do before I started downloading the episodes. I used to use - letmewatchthis.com, but now I am downloading each episode from kickass.to. I started downloading them because at uni we have a crappy internet and I used to end up wasting 4 hours free trying to watch ONE episode - it was hell! So with downloaded episodes I can watch them whenever and wherever I want.  

Also before I leave, a good website that helps you keep track of your favorite shows - which episodes you've watched and which you haven't already, when's your next episode due and so on, is this one right here:


If you have any good shows similar or even different than the ones I've mentioned do let me know in the comments below. I love watching new shows!

Thank you for your time. 

Stay Beautiful,
Belle xxx




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me on bloglovin! Love your blog! xo, Katy
    www.thepinkaccent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) ! I follow every blog that I like!

      Belle xx

      Delete