Tuesday 4 March 2014

Derek and Belle.

Hello beautiful ladies and gentlemen,

It's been pretty wet and cold here these last couple of days, and even right now it's pouring! I am sitting down on my desk, with a yummy hot chocolate, covered from head to toe with a fluffy blanket, just to share with you something quite exciting for me that happened two days ago.

So here we go with the story telling, it's not that boring don't worry!
I've been wanting another cute, small animal for years now. I already own a cockatiel, a bunny and a hamster but I can't really bond with them since I can't get the cockatiel and the hamster out from their cages because they we'll be gone in a split of a second and the bunny is huge and don't want to risk her chewing on the furniture. So, I did some homework. I can't get a cat or a dog because my mother would freak out, although those are my top choices, so I had to choose something else.
I practically live my life on the sofa watching the Animal Planet Channel (exciting yeah?!) and one time on Pets 101 they were talking about guinea pigs. I fell in love with them, the instant I saw them. They are cute, small, clean and not that difficult to teach. I searched quite a few pet stores with my friend Elaine and no one had the guinea pigs I wanted. Finally on Saturday I called a quite large pet / garden store and asked if they have any. Surprisingly the lovely man told me that they had two and asked if they can keep them for me for another day and go pick them up on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately he said that a man was going to buy one of them that night and I couldn't go and pick them up that immediate time and he asked me to call him again in the morning to check whether they are still there or not.

I was already up by 8am which for me that time means - the middle of the night, so you can imagine how excited I was. An hour later I called the store again and the same man responded, and asked for them (thinking that he is going to say that there is only one or even worse that the man took them both). But, he said that both of them are still their waiting for a nice home. I was over the moon, and asked to keep them for me till I get there, and he did.

I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw how cute and lovely they were, in fact I didn't even imagine that a guinea pig could be so cute. He told me that they are still toddlers - meaning that they can learn faster than a mature guinea pig. I searched for a nice home for them and found a spacious one for them to run around, searched for some food, for some toys and most importantly for the litter.
While I was on the road, I captured some beautiful photos that I thought I'd share with you all.


Since they are still toddlers, they can't really distinguish their sex but until the time comes, I decided that the slightly bigger one is a male and the little one is a female. And here's some little cute pictures of my lovely ones!
Giving names.
This wasn't a difficult task. I called the "male" one Derek just because I love Teen Wolf and Tyler Hoechlin. Also there's a funny and quite embarrassing story behind his name to share it on the internet, so excuse me for that. Haha. Then I've always wanted to call a baby girl for a Disney princess and I was struggling between Ariel and Belle, so I asked my mother which one she likes most and she said Belle. And this is the story behind their names.

Derek is a more of a chilled, relax guinea pig - he doesn't mind when picked up and likes to cuddle. On the other hand Belle is a more energetic guinea pig, eats a lot, doesn't let me taking her pictures and she's always under or on top of Derek. But I love them and I think that they make a cute little couple.




I know that this wasn't a beauty related post but I wanted to share these little ones with you all and I hope that you enjoyed reading about their story. 

Question of the post - Do you have any cute pets? Do you have any posts of them?

Leave your answers in the comment section below and I will be more than happy to check them out. 

Stay Beautiful,
Belle xxx


1 comment: