Tuesday 11 March 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Foundations - Wake Me Up and Match Perfection.

Hello beautiful ladies and gentlemen,

Having a great day? I hope you all do. 
So lately I've been alternating my favorite foundations, so that I can use them and don't leave them there unloved and came across my all time favorite drugstore foundation the Rimmel Wake Me Up FoundationI forgot about it and when I applied it on my face I just remembered how much I used to love it.  
So I decided to write a full review about it (although loads of other beauty bloggers have already made it a long time ago) in conjunction with a full review of the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Hence, why don't you grab a cup of tea/coffee/hot choco - whatever floats your boat, your reading glasses (if you need any) and make yourself comfortable and start reading.

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION
The Good
I must say that Rimmel foundations were never a great deal to my life and so the only reason that I tried this foundation is because a lot of beauty bloggers have raved about this all the time. I've purchased my first bottle maybe 18 months ago and I've went through 3 bottles since then. 
Packaging wise, it's in a glass bottle which in my opinion appears to be far more expensive than it actually is, with a plastic orange cap and a pump.
The foundation itself has a creamy texture which makes it easier to blend in. Also it has some shimmery particles in it to give that radiant and glow effect which the product claims to have - and I agree with that 100%. But you can't actually see the shimmer, not on your face and not even in the bottle itself (it may be my defaulting eyes but I am pretty sure that I cannot see any actual shimmer in it). Even in the daylight - under the sun, you're no Edward Cullen (if you know what I mean haha.)
One can apply this foundation by their own hands and also with a foundation brush - I personally love the RealTechniques Expert Face Brush for this sort of beauty chore. You only need a pump or a pump and a half and you're good to go. It blends quite easily because of its consistency and it gives a medium to full coverage - it matters on how much foundation you put on your beautiful face.
Personally, when I use this foundation I feel that my skin looks so healthy and natural and it has that radiant glow which makes you feel and look more awake.
Also, this is one of those foundations which stays on for a pretty long time without wearing off. For instance, today I spent 10 hours with it on face and it still looks nice and not cake-y. The only place that it had fade away a bit is in my T zone - because I have oily skin on my nose and around it and also on my chin, but other then that, perfect!

The Bad
Now to the bad side of the product. Although it gives that natural look to your face, it does not feel light on your skin. You can feel that there is something on your face especially if you put on more than 1 pump on your face.
Also, people who has an oily skin, this foundation is not that suitable for them - because of the radiant glow effect. I have combination/oily skin, oily around my nose and my chin and normal to dry on my cheeks and on my forehead, and I find it that it gets a bit oily on those parts, which require 3-4 powder sessions in a whole day, which later on might look a bit cakey and too much for your skin. But then again it is great for people with dry, normal combination skin.
The downside of it as well is that there is only 6 shades in all (mine is in 303 True Nude) which may be difficult for some people to match the color to their skin tone, especially if they have darker skin because the shades consists of mostly lighter shades.
Lastly, since it is a glass bottle, you can't really get all the product out when you're almost ready with, in which you can't really use the whole stuff that it is in there.

Despite of these bad sides of the foundation, I still love it so much and always will. I work my way around it and as you can see in the pictures, I need another one soon because I have run out of it.

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION
The Good.
I wanted to try another foundation because I get bored using always the same one and so I thought I'd buy this foundation because I heard a lot of good things about it. The color is perfectly matched to my skin which is a bonus and surprising because I don't usually find the exact color for my skin tone but then again this foundation is designed to adapt to your skin tone, so that you can get a great color match and it looks very natural.
The packaging is lovely as well - a glass bottle like the Wake Me Up one, but this time it has a blue plastic cap and a pump.
Also there is a wider shades (12 in all) of this foundation which obviously it is better so that much more people can match the color to their skin tone.
But unfortunately that is all the good that I can say about it. I was quite devastated when it didn't work for me because I've heard and read so many good things about it from a humongous amount of beauty bloggers.

The Bad.
So here we go. It may be just mine, but the consistency of the foundation is not that creamy, but a little bit oily - liquid-y, which is definitely not great for my combination/oily skin because it does glow a lot throughout the day (1-2 hours later of the application) on my face. It does say on the bottle that it has a radiance effect, but when compared to the Wake Me Up one, the radiance is far much more radiant (I don't know if I make sense) than it should be.
It is a light to medium coverage foundation (more likely to be light) which it can only cover some minor blemishes and a little bit of redness. It's like your skin, a bit better. Also, building up this foundation is an issue, because when I did so, I ended up with an even oilier skin.
Moreover, again on my personal experience with this product, somehow, I don't know if any of you guys found it the same, as soon as you apply it and put powder on it, it still feels sticky as the moment you put it on and definitely not comfortable on your skin.

Unfortunately this foundation gets a big thumbs down from me. But then again, it might be like this to my skin only (which if it is, it's a shame, because I really wanted it to work).
I hope that I did good with reviewing these two foundations (since this is the first time in doing so) and helped you a bit if you're just starting your make up kit.

How about you guys? Do you own any of these two foundations? If yes, what are your thoughts about them?

Stay Beautiful, 
Belle xxx




2 comments:

  1. love this review, I just did a review on the Match perfection Foundation, but I really like the light coverage on my skin! Must be different skin types x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I will check yours out as well :)
      Yeah I think it must be.. whenever I wear it I end up with a shiny face like 2 hours afterwards I just apply it ..

      Thanks for your time

      Belle xxx

      Delete